For this one cup I used half my preset 1 roasted beans, grinding at 2 with the Rocky. The reason I’m going for 2 is that my tamper is still the plastic one (I expect a new, decent one with the next shipment of coffee) and I want as much crema as I can get. The cup was propably preheated in a bowl of hot water, so I should be all set. Boil up the pavoni, release some steam, boil further, have some water through the group head, grind, tamp, pull, refill, pull halfway, refill, pull the entire length. The pull really required a lot of effort, but the shot was nice compared to all the shots before my grinder. Much more crema (let me attach a picture). The coffee was really oily (after having broken the crema and drinking a bit you can really see the oil) but I think the taste from the cup yesterday (and this morning, the preset 2 one) was fuller. But hey, this is the day after the roast. I should let the little bit I have back (probably just one cup) wait for three or four days and try again.
Having read a bit about roasting with the iRoast 2, I tried with the following setting: 150g beans, 176C - 2m, 204C - 3m, 232C - 3m45s. This was following the Sweet Maria advice of up to 6 minutes in the last stage and seeing that most people who had written preferred about 2m30s to 3-4 minutes in the last stage. I don’t know exactly what to listen for when it comes to cracks yet, so I figured that it would probably be done by now. We’ll see for the first cup tomorrow.